A recent survey of 2,200 U.S. adults earlier this year by Harris Interactive on behalf of Digitas found that 46% of online video viewers said that if an online or web video mentions a new product or brand, they’re likely to look that brand up afterwards.
The survey also reinforced the importance of creating content that offers value to consumers. In fact, half of those who watch videos that their friends post online said that if they enjoy watching one, they usually share it with three or more friends.
“The time is absolutely right for original digital video content to be offered up in an industry upfront marketplace,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. “Digital video is growing explosively. Americans are consuming it on multiple screens. The medium is creating stars in comedy, sports, music, and drama – and the enormous investment in quality content will create even more. Advertisers are salivating at the prospect to marry great story-telling to interactive capabilities. It’s a perfect time for the digital industry to bring buyers and sellers together to make this market massive.”
- What is the optimum web video length? (marketing.yell.com)
- IKEA Provides Web Video FAQ’s (videocontent4web.com)
- Digitas’ Kontonis: Brands Shift to Cost-Per-View Models in Online Video Buying (beet.tv)
- L.A. Stories: What’s the Frequency for Web Video Discovery? (Video) (allthingsd.com)
- Web Original Video Finding Traction with Marketers, Digitas’ Paul Kontonis (beet.tv)
- Small Business Leader Using Youtube and Web Video to Market Differently (prweb.com)
- What are the benefits of web videos for businesses? (marketing.yell.com)